Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quick Update

Things always feel like they are crazy around here. One of these days I will catch up with life. Until then we are just hanging on for the ride.



Amelia is in Kindergarten this year. The first day of school was pretty exciting. She started out in Mrs. Allred's morning class. About 2 weeks later a spot opened in the ELP IP program. It was sad to move Amelia to a new class, but it has been worth it. She is in school all day now, which she loves. Poor Max misses her every day :( Three days a week she is taught in spanish. There is an aide in the class to help the kids figure out what the teacher is saying. Now if that aide could come home on spanish days to help mom figure out the homework. It is good for all of us. Max is picking up a new word here and there, and I am trying to keep up with Amelia. The other day the teacher told me that Amelia is constructing full sentences in Spanish. If not at home, at least she is doing it in class. We ask her what she learned every day and the usual response is "I didn't learn anything" or "I don't remember". Quickly after we do get a detailed update about everything that happened at recess.


Halloween was a lot of fun. We went on our annual hay ride to pick out pumpkins. Amelia braved the cold in her Wonder Woman costume and Max stayed warm in his Wolverine costume.



One thing the kids have been getting good at is feeding themselves. On this particular day, while I was working, they made a snack for themselves.


1 comments:

ELIZA!! said...

Ha! yay! an update! What a nice surprise for me this afternoon! Their "snack" is cracking me up. And I am so impressed that Amelia is learning spanish. are you kidding me? That Rocks. I miss you guys. Darwin comes in 2 weeks! and a bit. most likely. if she's the kind of girl who takes her little time.